This guy shows you how to make your very own 5ft gingerbread men decorations
Written 14th November 2022 | Subscribe to our Christmas newsletter
We recently came across a brilliant DIY Youtube channel called 'Isaac Alexander DIY'. The channel is dedicated to 'do it yourself' projects that Isaac has dreamt up, brought to life and documented so that we can too. One of our favourites is this 5.5ft GIANT gingerbread man decoration. You can make as many variations of it as you like and decorate them as you wish as they look really effective stading in a couple or as a gingerbread man family.
I'll run through exactly what you need further down, but for now just watch this incredible DIY guide to see if it's something you'd like to do this Christmas.
Watch the full tutorial below:
What you'll need:
Please note the products/stores mentioned here are American but UK/ROW alternatives are out there.
- 2-IN X 4-FT X 8-FT Insulation Foam Board (or any other DIY Store)
- 1/2 inch Twisted Cotton Rope
- KESYOO 50pcs Christmas Candy Cane Christmas Tree Hanging Peppermint Ornaments
- Hot Glue Sticks, 4 in. Full Size, 45 Count
- Hot Glue Gun 60/100W Dual Power Heavy Duty Melt Glue Gun Kit with 12 Pcs Premium Glue Sticks(0.43'' x 8" )
- Clear Plastic fillable Ball Ornament, Pack of 12 (70mm)
- Window and Door 12-oz Spray Foam Insulation
- Paint: Toasty Fireplace Satin Paint
Huge props to Isaac Alexander for this. Go checkout his channel for other great Christmas DIY projects.